When it comes to wedding reception entertainment, there are a lot of options out there. However, one of the most modern and increasingly popular choices is to hire a DJ. Although not all DJs are suitable for wedding receptions, finding the right Seattle DJ Pro can be a game-changer for your special day. In this article, we’ll break down how to narrow down your wedding DJ options and discuss the top questions you should be asking.
Firstly, it’s important to consider the benefits of hiring a wedding DJ. While you could choose live entertainment like a band or DJ your own wedding, a wedding DJ is a cost-effective option. DJs usually have lower rates than live bands, as they require fewer manpower and housekeeping costs. Additionally, a DJ will play your favorite music the way you remember it, which can be especially meaningful for your first dance song or other sentimental tracks. DJs also have the unique ability to read the crowd and shift the musical direction with just a few key mixing elements, which can keep the party going.
Once you’ve decided to hire a Seattle DJ Pro, the next step is to find the right one for your wedding reception. To ensure you’re making the best decision, you should schedule a call, in-person meeting, or FaceTime appointment with your top three DJ options. These meetings are your opportunity to get all of the intel you need to choose your wedding DJ. Here are some questions you want to ask:
- Are you available for my wedding date? As with all wedding vendors, this should be your first question. Ensure that a DJ is available for your wedding before taking the time to speak or meet with them.
- How long have you been DJing? Right away, you want to get an idea of how much experience this vendor has. Make sure this potential DJ is seasoned and prepared to work professionally.
- How many weddings have you worked? Inquire about how much wedding experience this DJ has under their belt.
- How many weddings do you perform at per weekend? Get an idea of how busy (read: potentially overwhelmed or tired) this wedding reception DJ may be on your wedding day or weekend.
- Will you or someone on your team be the day-of DJ? Some DJs run their own businesses featuring solely themselves. Other companies have a lineup of DJs available. Ask if the person you’re speaking with would be the one at your wedding and, if not, if you could at a point get in contact with who will be.
- How do you get a shy crowd moving? Ask how they handle a situation in which the crowd is slow to get started.
- Do you have references I can reach out to? The biggest reassurance you can get about a wedding vendor will come from their past clients. Ask if they have references you can reach out to that will recommend them and speak to you about their work.
- How would you describe your style? Make sure that the DJ’s music style aligns with the kind of music you want played on your big day.
- How often do you update your music catalogue? If you’re looking for more current music, it’s crucial to know how often a DJ updates their music collection.
- Can we make the playlist? Ask if it’s possible that you and your partner curate a list of songs—as well as a do not play list.
In summary, when looking for Seattle DJ Pro for your wedding reception, it’s important to consider the benefits of a DJ and ask the right questions to ensure that you’re making the best decision. By hiring a Seattle DJ Pro, you can save money, hear your favorite songs the way you want.